• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does this sound like a fuel issue

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a treatment for the algae that will eliminate it from the fuel system? Biocide or something similar?
Yes there is,. Made by POWER SERVICE. Just ounces for 25 gallons. Its difficult to measure into the tank. I mix it into 5 gallons of fuel so 1 quart treats 15 gallons of fuel, add a quart before I top off with about 15 gallons , no waste. I'm guessing the tank still needs a wash job at a minimum. The power service will kill the algae but leave the residue in the bottom of the tank. Steve will not steer you wrong on this, clean from one end to the other or its an ongoing fight. Ask me how I know!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes there is,. Made by POWER SERVICE. Just ounces for 25 gallons. Its difficult to measure into the tank. I mix it into 5 gallons of fuel so 1 quart treats 15 gallons of fuel, add a quart before I top off with about 15 gallons , no waste. I'm guessing the tank still needs a wash job at a minimum. The power service will kill the algae but leave the residue in the bottom of the tank. Steve will not steer you wrong on this, clean from one end to the other or its an ongoing fight. Ask me how I know!
it’s a real MF’er.....I would almost suggest replacing the fuel tan, being you have to drop it and clean it out anyway.
Tank pickup sock, pickup tubes etc...than the filter housing and filter.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a treatment for the algae that will eliminate it from the fuel system? Biobor JF Biocide or something similar?
To "eliminate" the algae/sludge, once it's there in the system, you aren't going to get rid of it using additives. As you kill it off it's going to go through the fuel lines and plug up your fuel filter.

If it's not that bad of a contamination you can just replace the fuel filter as it plugs up over time, but this is more for "I did an inspection and found a little algae in it" not "my system is contaminated to the point that things are plugging up with sludge"

You can use the biocides to help prevent it from starting, and kill it once it's there, but it still has to be physically removed.
and algae also grows much faster in the presence of moisture, so it's not a bad idea to drop your fuel tank and do a thorough cleaning on the inside of it.

Just a warning if you aren't read up on it, but biodiesel is a pretty good solvent, and will strip algae from the fuel tank walls and system, but bigger chunks will plug up things like the check valves and fuel pickup, and the smaller stuff will quickly plug up the filter, enough to kill the truck going down the highway and strand you if you don't have extra filters and a way to change them.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a warning if you aren't read up on it, but biodiesel is a pretty good solvent, and will strip algae from the fuel tank walls and system, but bigger chunks will plug up things like the check valves and fuel pickup, and the smaller stuff will quickly plug up the filter, enough to kill the truck going down the highway and strand you if you don't have extra filters and a way to change them.
The other thing about bio-Diesel is that it will eat up rubber so any rubber lines will turn to mush. It works great as a cleanser ONLY If you have plastic fuel lines.

T

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks