• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dog head starter relay mods

britcucv

I have received from the States a starter relay napa 7-01861-1 ,but it is missing the contact for wire which is purple with white stripe from key in start position contact ,is there any way I can use this relay , or do I just bin it and try and find the right one ?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
7-01861-1 is a 3 pole relay, not the correct relay for the DH relay mod.

It can be used, you just need to ground it to the dash(mounting bolts) And not use the black ground wire.

The relay specified in the DH relay mod is , 7-01860-1.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NWMDC.jpg

Connect the small black wire to the mounting screw.

Last edited:

britcucv

Thanks for all your help ,all I have to do now is find out where the relay is mounted as mind was hanging lose under the dash !!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks