• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Doghead Relay for Starter Question

huggy

I have a doghead relay with the ROSCOMMON 24V to 12 V Conversion, everything has been fine but now in the last couple weeks when I go to turn the ignition on , it clicks like the starter solenoid is bad or the solenoid under the dash (Doghead Relay) is just clicking. If I continually click and turn the ignition off and back on it will start. I have replaced the starter and the doghead relay under the dash and it still does the same thing. When I was changing the Doghead Relay I noticed the diode had been broken off and was missing, I am not sure if that being gone so I don't know if that burned out my Ignition. any help would be appreciated.... Thanks in advance

Huggy

Chief_919

You have already replaced the starter and the relay and it is doing the same thing?

Start at the batteries and check every battery cable and connection for integrity and clean them all, all the way to the starter, and verify your ground connections from the block to the frame are good.

huggy

Thank You

Thank you , I had already checked the connections but I didn't clean them, but they look clean but I will go ahead and do that.

cpf240

What you are describing sounds a bit like the relay is chattering, is that correct? If so, that is a sign of weak or failing batteries. As mentioned, check / clean all the battery connections and have the batteries load tested.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks