• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Doghead starter relay question

custm86

I've called multiple NAPA's and no one can seem to locate the relay part #7-01860-1. Is there an updated part number? They can't even seem to search by amperage rating. Thanks for all the help!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The part number without the dashes is listed in the CUCV WIki.

Unfortunatly the Sticky has the dashes included.

You can get the same relay (same part number also) at Oreilliy's and other parts stores.

Last edited:

ryan77

I got mine at o reillys!!! I also got one from the lawn mower repair shop also! They looked at me like i was nuts! O reillys uses the same part number!!

CPAPPY

Went to start my truck Sunday and nothing , Keep trying to start it and one time it did . And then nothing. The starter relay sounded like it was latching in so I took the relay apart and and then tried it, it did latch together but no current to the starter so I took some sand paper to the contact and tried it and it works good now.

idM1028

Went to start my truck Sunday and nothing , Keep trying to start it and one time it did . And then nothing. The starter relay sounded like it was latching in so I took the relay apart and and then tried it, it did latch together but no current to the starter so I took some sand paper to the contact and tried it and it works good now.
I've found that cleaning up electrical contacts is one of the best things you can do to these trucks. If you can get to it, clean it up. I've found what works pretty well (especially for some of the smaller contacts) is a .22-.30 cal bronze bore brush from a gun cleaning kit. If you need a little more reach or a handle just attach a section of cleaning rod to it. Also, don't be surprised by the contacts in the plugs of these trucks. Usually you can just pop them out with a small screwdriver if you know what you're doing. Once you've got it cleaned up, you can put it right back in the plug good as new.

Oreillys is $9.99 as opposed to napa $15 very easy to get lol

Yes cleaning contacts my poor m1008 was hacked lol so i have near about replaced all the original plugs im happy to say my army m1008 was original so i was able to compare hahah

Last edited:

beans86cucv

I'm glad i found this thread cause this relay has left me stranded a couple times until i found it was coming from under the dash and not the solenoid on the starter.. I guess I'm going to NAPA asap..lol thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks