• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Doghouse top pin

Lazboytt

Hello,

i just removed over the doghouse for the first time and realized the top 2 pins are not holding. When I look behind them on the metal bracket all I see is a hole. Nothing for it to grab onto. Any idea what I may be missing?

Lazboytt

Hello,

i just removed over the doghouse for the first time and realized the top 2 pins are not holding. When I look behind them on the metal bracket all I see is a hole. Nothing for it to grab onto. Any idea what I may be missing?

This is the pin. Need to know what it’s supposed to lock onto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teteacher101

This is the pin. Need to know what it’s supposed to lock onto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are called Dzus Fastener's-its a type of 1/4 turn quick connect so to speak. You should have the same thing in the rear seat backs and the horizontal bar behind your front seat that goes from your B pillar to the tunnel should have a couple of holes you can look in an see a "wire" that is held in by rivets. They make replacement wire but I just made one out of a coat hanger as suggested by another member here (thanks btw). By the time I got done getting the right length cut, the twist on the ends just right, drilling out the old rivets an installing it I probably had 15-20 minutes into it or so.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are called Dzus Fastener's-its a type of 1/4 turn quick connect so to speak. You should have the same thing in the rear seat backs and the horizontal bar behind your front seat that goes from your B pillar to the tunnel should have a couple of holes you can look in an see a "wire" that is held in by rivets. They make replacement wire but I just made one out of a coat hanger as suggested by another member here (thanks btw). By the time I got done getting the right length cut, the twist on the ends just right, drilling out the old rivets an installing it I probably had 15-20 minutes into it or so.
I also did the coat hanger repair and it's still holding over a year later. I'd have to look hard to remember which one it is by now. You could try this, using one of the other ones from the back seat or somewhere as a pattern and see how it goes.

BDGR

NormB

glad this came up. I replaced one of mine - part from Kascar, I think - and looking at the other, am sure I got the "spring" orientation correct, but NEITHER of them will engage. I even sat down with both feet firmly planted on either side of the twist lock and it still wouldn't go in far enough to engage the wire.

Have been thinking about placing the wire on the cabin side of the tab when I pull the doghouse off again to replace some heater vent hoses I finally got around to buying - maybe this week or so - but like a lot of things, I fuss with it, and since it's not life-altering, or what I call "functional vs. cosmetic" I move on to something else.

Anyone else have this experience?

Action

glad this came up. I replaced one of mine - part from Kascar, I think - and looking at the other, am sure I got the "spring" orientation correct, but NEITHER of them will engage. I even sat down with both feet firmly planted on either side of the twist lock and it still wouldn't go in far enough to engage the wire.

Have been thinking about placing the wire on the cabin side of the tab when I pull the doghouse off again to replace some heater vent hoses I finally got around to buying - maybe this week or so - but like a lot of things, I fuss with it, and since it's not life-altering, or what I call "functional vs. cosmetic" I move on to something else.

Anyone else have this experience?
Loosen all screws holding that bracket in place. Pull the bracket towards the doghouse. Tighten the screws. There is the smallest amount of movement, but it may help. Try latching the sides first, or the top first. If you do the sides first, the doghouse may be a little to one side or the other and not let the twisties line up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks