• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dont forget who I am when I return

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I wish I was 30 years younger and heading out with you. Thank you for serving. You keep in touch with us while deployed, and if we can help you in any way, that is what the pm function is for. Also, there are plenty here who will recover your trucks for you while deployed, so do not let that stop you from increasing your inventory of play toys, to enjoy when you come home. Be safe and kick butt!!!

bkwudzhom

Always remmember these two things:

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
George S. Patton, Jr.

and secondly--
As a former Marine I can asure you there are people, places and things that will never be forgotten.
Semper Fi!
Jody

SasquatchSanta

I'm reminded of the a line from a song "There's not a word yet for old friends that just met" from one of my daughter's old Muppett (Kermit The Frog) cassette tapes.

In looking back, that line always reminded be of all the great guys I met in Vietnam. As you embark on your tour you're going to find that there are lots of old friends out there that you are soon to meet ---thus "Old Friends That Just Met."

Godspeed, thank you "sir", and keep us (your old friends back here) informed if and when you can.

KaiserM109

Keep a low profile and don't say "Where?" when someone says "Duck!"

If it gets too bad, there are thinner buttons available so that you can get a little lower in the mud or dust.

You guys are often on my mind.

I hope that you don't take offense at my poking fun at you; ' been there, 'done that and got the 'T' shirt.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ronbo, you going through Al Udeid in Doha Qatar? Seems to be a transient base where members go before being shuffled off to FOBs. Wife is there now before heading off to Kirkuk.

m.walker

Rombo be safe over there . "Thank You" for your service . You , kenny's wife , my son , other members on the board , friends and family members we are all indebted to you all for our freedom and safety ! My deeepest respect to those that serve !