• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Don't tell me it's the IP...

chillin_in_bots

Hi there guys!

Hot start problem... as described by many on here. Starts like a dream in the morning, but once she's hot... have to crank and crank! With GP's on!
Dreading the idea of the injector pump because I lugged my old one on a 12 hour flight, through US customs to get it exchanged in Memphis for a rebuilt unit! Truck ran fine for about 2000 miles then this problem came up.
Still get the fuel shut off solenoid to click when it's hot and reconnect the plug... don't think it's this.
The shop has not been very helpful in solving the problem...
Any ideas? There was a thread that I have not been able to track down.. . mentioned the fuel filter base. Any clarification on this?

Thanks for all the help guys!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Double check all your soft line connections, especially the steel line from the fuel tank the goes to rubber then to the lift pump on the passenger side front of the motor. Also check to make sure the lift pump is supplying fuel at, not sure here, about 6-7 psi?, just make sure it pumps out fuel when the motor cranks.

chillin_in_bots

Thanks for the suggestions... I've put an electric pump inline before the lift pump. This speeds up the bleeding process etc. So yeah... fuel delivery not a problem.
Any ideas about the filter base causing problems?

notsosanestan

i have the shutoff solenoid brand new with a install kit if u need it. i had the same problem turned out it was the starter if its not cranking real fast then thats prob ur problem

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is mine.

Mine just seems to be leaking air.

I can't say why until I remove it.

I actually got three bases cheap. So once replaced, I'll rebuild it with a new base on the mounting bracket. I'll reuse the three sensors on the old base. HOPEFULLY that's not where the leak is occurring.

Like I said, I'm waiting for a little more consistent warm weather before I start this project. It will probably take me all day, possibly two if I run into any problems and have to get creative.

I also have an electric fuel pump inline as well. So filling the fuel filter with the bleed valve is a snap. Just turn the ignition on and let it fill the fuel filter in a snap.