• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

door art

Ue413

I've got an M923 with a scorpion stenciled on fuel tank and passenger side tool box door.....probably about 1 foot long by 9 inches wide....I will add a photo later, but any idea what it designates?

oddave715

When I worked at the forest service, we had a M548 variant that was desert tan and from the gulf war and on the inside of the large rear door was a palm tree logo also similar to the Afrika Corp logo but had a camel in the middle and had the words Camel Corp stenciled under or above the logo.

NovacaineFix

Palm tree added to doors on M52a2 black on one side and tan on other.

View attachment 639946View attachment 639947View attachment 639948
I saw that Gunny mentioned the palm tree logo about a year or so ago. Reminded me of a logo I saw on an old MV truck at an open air museum.
This truck was supposedly used in one of the Indiana Jones movies, it's hard to see since it is whit and faded, but I magnified the area on the front fender.
It is the palm tree with the swastika.
logo.jpg

Another Ahab

I saw that Gunny mentioned the palm tree logo about a year or so ago. Reminded me of a logo I saw on an old MV truck at an open air museum.
This truck was supposedly used in one of the Indiana Jones movies, it's hard to see since it is whit and faded, but I magnified the area on the front fender.
It is the palm tree with the swastika.
View attachment 639964
That would be Rommel's old Afrika Korps stencil. It had a couple of variants:

stencil.jpg

Another Ahab

This is on adorning a bulldozer here at work.

View attachment 639991
That's the standard Seabee stencil, or at least back when I was still active duty we had that on all our equipment.

It wasn't broke, so I'd guess the USN didn't fix it and it's still standard. But you never know:

- I ran into an active duty USN officer at one of the college visits for my daughter a month or three back and he was wearing some strange blue camouflage that for the life of me I couldn't figure out what for. :cookoo: :shrugs:

Last edited:

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Horses n Bulldozers - what else is there to say!

819 Redhorse 1.jpg
Don't know if they ever had these as 'door art' but I'd like to represent my M916A1 as being from the USAF 819th REDHORSE who were stationed in the sand box when my truck was current inventory. I'd already painted mine sand when I found out... They were also based at RAF Wethersfield in the 80's when I was still in the UK, which was only 20 minutes from where I lived.

Just have to put '819th' on the dozer blade to make it squadron specific...

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks good; a nice graphic. My magnification isn't any too good at this end, what does the text say?
Black Mesa
Research Facility.

It's the science facility that "Half-Life" the video game starts at. They were doing some "research" and ended up opening a portal that allowed aliens into our planet... and then started killing/taking over humans. you play Dr. Gordon Freeman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life_(video_game)

Freeman awakens in the ruined test chamber and surveys the destroyed lab, strewn with the bodies of scientists and security personnel. Finding survivors, Freeman learns that communication to the outside is completely cut and is encouraged to head to the surface for help because of the protection afforded by his suit. His journey consists of sidestepping Black Mesa's structural damage and defending himself against hostile Xen creatures, such as the parasitic headcrab which attaches itself to a human host before enslaving it. Other survivors claim a rescue team has been dispatched, only to discover that the Hazardous Environment Combat Unit sent in is killing both the organisms and the personnel there as part of a government cover-up of the catastrophe.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks