• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door Binding

motormayhem

I was working on my m1009 and had the front two tires parked on a 3" cement slab, while the rears were in the dirt. I tried to open the passengers side door, but the front quarter panel was hitting it. I figured that the way it was sitting made the body tweaked and it would work after I moved it, but it is still hitting the quarter panel and making a bang sound when it is opened. Whats the best fix for this?

Crash_AF

Ugh... probably going to have to either move the fender forwards or the door backwards. Can you tell if there is a change in gap between the door and body or the fender and body?

Later,
Joe

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Open the door and lift up on the outer edge. If you have lots of play you will need to replace the pins and bushings in the hinges. That could give you enough play for the door to hit the edge.

motormayhem

Wow this post is old, but I never found the problem. The door seems to be correct with the body so I am guessing it is the fender. There is no play in the door when I lift up on it. It has new body mounts so I think that is ok. How would I go about moving the fender?

2mtrucks

Mine did the same. Autozone sells body panel shims in packets of various thicknesses. You can shim the front fenders and/or doors til they are back in adjustment. The bolts that hold the fenders on are easy to find. Took me about a half hour and its easier to do with 2 people.