• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door Handles and Latch ?

nspctr1

OK, I purchased new handles and latches. The catch on the handle is at least 1/2" away from the latch. The latch is adjusted all the way out. I pushed the door from the outside while my buddy was inside trying to get the door to latch but no go. Is there a trick? Am I missing something?

Wire Fox

OK, I purchased new handles and latches. The catch on the handle is at least 1/2" away from the latch. The latch is adjusted all the way out. I pushed the door from the outside while my buddy was inside trying to get the door to latch but no go. Is there a trick? Am I missing something?
Pictures are worth so much here. We'll be able to tell if any of the parts are wrong...something is bent...etc.

nspctr1

Not sure if you can tell from the pic but there is about half an inch gap between handle latch and striker. I've seen a few pics online where ppl bend them outwards. Is there a way to close this gap?

Attachments

Action

Get outside and push hard on the handle then turn to see if it will latch. Sometimes the soft doors get bent, and the top hits before the middle. You should not have to bend the strikers.
You also need to squish the gasket around the door.
Maybe flip the top roof forward and try again. If it closes fine like that, find the area of the top that is holding the door .

Wire Fox

Get outside and push hard on the handle then turn to see if it will latch. Sometimes the soft doors get bent, and the top hits before the middle. You should not have to bend the strikers.
You also need to squish the gasket around the door.
Maybe flip the top roof forward and try again. If it closes fine like that, find the area of the top that is holding the door .
Amen to that. I always have to give a good push to my one functional door. I'm going to straighten it up after I finish repairing the window stitching (or replacing...not sure yet). I'm just glad I only have to use ONE bungee cord while it's still sitting in the driveway, eating parts until it finally works.

nspctr1

realigned doors today and with a little effort I got them to latch, left them closed most of the day and I guess the weather stripping is adjusting because they appear to close easier. Or it could be the 90 degree heat today here in S TX