• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door latches on command car

TedG

Hello,

This is the first time I have ever saw that early style of door latch. My WC56 is 12/42 production date and the scrape lines in the original paint layer showed the later style. Very interesting latch and thanks for the link.

Regards,

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

February 17th, 2008.

S-W-E-E-E-T! :jumpin:

THOSE PICTURES ALMOST MAKE ME WANT TO GO OUT AND GET ONE MYSELF!! Howbig a garage do you figure it'd take to house one of these, a CCKW or MB,an M35A2, MB UNIMOG S404.114 (Swiss) a Model A or T ford, and a bunch of blacksmith and 1850-1870's machine tools? MAN, I gotta get help before the next move or I'm gonna need Noah's Ark minus the animals. There has to be a stopping point somewhere...... Nice truck, if you want you could write me into your will for it. Do a series of posts like the gentleman with the gasser M35's been doing, then we all learn something useful. I enjoyed the photos of the different varieties of door latches. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!
2cents

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

Owned by the M35 & S404.114 (Swiss)(So Far, but I've owned locomotives,passenger cars and cabooses, and MOW equipment too!) :cookoo: