• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door Lock Replacement M1009

I replaced the door locks today, and thanks to WARWAG for the pick and the write up. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/61076-cucv-door-lock-replacement.html

Here is my write up with pics.

Pepboys for the locks part# DL15250 less than $20. (pic 1)

Pulled all screws from inside of door panel. Including arm rest (under all the dirt). (pic 2)

Used lock wrench to hold panel back from window roller wile I removed the ring that holds the crank handle to the shaft. A set of small bent needle nosed pliers will help pull the lock ring. Try not to let it get away from you, its small and hard to find (and flies suprisingly far). (pic 3)

Pulled panel away from door at bottom and center. There are a couple of plastic body clips under there that just get pulled out. Then take the door lock knob off. Pull the panel straight up to get it off the top of the door. Its got 5 or 6 metal clips that keep the top of the door tight against the window.

Attachments

Inside door looking at lock (pic 1).

I cut the paint from around outside so it wouldnt peel back when I pulled it out (pic 2).

Pulled clip from cylindar inside door (rusty part of pic 1). This is easier if you give it a shot of wd40.

There is a small tab that needs to pried up (gently) to move the arm from the old lock to the new. I used the needle at the end of a drawing compas. (pic 4)

Attachments

Last edited:
Took the opportunity to lube and clean inside the door. The windows really worked alot better after the wd40. Just hold the window as you roll it so it wont fall off track.

Insert the new lock and make sure it goes in the slot on the arm inside the door. Put the retaining clip on inside of door around cylindar. (pic 1&2)

Set the panel back in place and make sure to put the door handle back through the hole before you push it back down into position. Screw in panel screws and put the ring clip back on the window crank before you push it back onto the shaft. (pic 3)

Use the lock wrench again to hold back the panel. With the ring already on the crank you can just pull the ring out a bit when the crank is in place and it will go right on.

Unlock your wrench and armorall your panel (the scuffs will go away) and you are in business.

Attachments

Last edited:

Barrman

There is a tool that takes the window crank off in about 5 seconds. No vice grips needed. If you are going to be working on the doors much, get the $5.00 tool.

Is your new lock keyed with the CUCV key?

What do you want for your old CUCV keyed door and ignition locks then?
I'm putting all the stuff that I pull out into a box and will likely be looking to trade or sell soon. Ill let you know when I figure out what I need.

The ignition and rear window are still on the CUCV key, but once that is done I wont need it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks