• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door Locks

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You ....or if you want a new one lmc truck has new ones
Just to clarify. If you get a new one from one of the Restoration places or parts stores, you will need to have it rekeyed.

Some of the MV parts supplier have NOS locks. FLMV.net, Saturn Supply, White Owl, Eastern, etc are some that come to mind.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As an addendum to Warthogs post, re-keying it to the same cuts as the CUCV can be accomplished, the lock has to be correct for a B49 key blank. I don't think a locksmith can change that aspect of it!

91W350

There are so many of these trucks getting crushed, surely somebody can snag you a door lock. There was four M1009s at Junction City, I am going to Riley Friday if you want me swing in and see if he still has them.

DokWatson

My CUCV has two different keys, since the doors and ignition aren't original. Any lock from the same year of vehicle will fit, having mismatched locks is kind of a pain though. I always forget which key is for what.

91W350

When I brought my M1008 home, the first thing I did was swap out the ignition lock. I left the doors standard. Both M1009s have the original door and ignition locks. It is nice to swap vehicles with the one key, well two on the M1008, but I worry some clown will also have an ignition key and take a M1009 for a ride. During the first week of driving my M1008 I was at the grocery store and some stoned looking clown approached me and said he had a key for my truck. I told him he did have a key, I changed the locks. He looked kind of puzzled for a few seconds, then stumbled off in his starry eyed world. That is the kind of guy I worry about. Glen

OL AG '89

If the locks are "original" does that mean the door locks on ALL these are the same key profile?
I thought it was just the ignition that was all the same??
:lost:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the locks are "original" does that mean the door locks on ALL these are the same key profile?
I thought it was just the ignition that was all the same??
Yes, and doors, ignition and tailgate (M1009) are the same.

I don't know about the rear door of the M1010, anyone?

Last edited:

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rich;

I am currently rebuilding my M1028 (see my thread "Kinda got carried away...). To deter unauthorized use, I have changed my ignition switch and door lock cylinders. The original ignition switch is long gone, but I still have the two original door lock cylinders. You are welcome to both of them for the cost of postage.

Mike Gresham
Paris, Kentucky

OL AG '89

I just replaced the door locks on my M1009 with the cylinders from LMC. The issue is that the cylinders only allow the key to be removed when the door is locked!
You unlock the door, but the key will not come out of the cylinder..... you have to re-lock the door to get the key out....
WHAT HAVE I DONE????
Only replaced the passenger side so far, but the remaining cylinder acts the same. You can insert the key, turn the cylinder and key only comes out in one position?????

IdahoPlowboy

I just replaced the door locks on my M1009 with the cylinders from LMC. The issue is that the cylinders only allow the key to be removed when the door is locked!
You unlock the door, but the key will not come out of the cylinder..... you have to re-lock the door to get the key out....
WHAT HAVE I DONE????
Only replaced the passenger side so far, but the remaining cylinder acts the same. You can insert the key, turn the cylinder and key only comes out in one position?????
I just ordered a set of these I hope mine are not that way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks