• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door problem

jake1086

I can turn my passenger side door handle freely ,the latch doesnt move. So I took the handle off to look inside, not much I can see, so I took off the inspection cover... nothing I can see haha. The inside handle still works tho, I dont wanna go unscrewing parts off the "jam" of the door in fear of the inside door handle not working after that, so what do you guys suggest

question #2 do 5 ton doors fit the deuce?

I had the same problem with the passenger door on my deuce. I took the latch assembly out and had to straighten the latch mechanism as it looked like someone tried to force open the latch from the outside while the door was combat locked from the inside. After fixing the latch assembly, it was a little difficult to get it back in with my big ol paws and arms without removing the window, but it works fine now. The assembly is put together with a tab and slot configuration. One of the tabs broke off when I straightened it to disassemble the part, so I ended up clamping it together and taking it to my neighbor for a quick weld bead. Problem solved. Of course if you're not the mechanically enclined type, you can get a replacement latch assembly from Boyce, C&C, or Memphis Equipment. The part can also be found on that 4-letter auction site that everyone around here seems to hate for some reason.
:whistle:

jake1086

I had the same problem with the passenger door on my deuce. I took the latch assembly out and had to straighten the latch mechanism as it looked like someone tried to force open the latch from the outside while the door was combat locked from the inside. After fixing the latch assembly, it was a little difficult to get it back in with my big ol paws and arms without removing the window, but it works fine now. The assembly is put together with a tab and slot configuration. One of the tabs broke off when I straightened it to disassemble the part, so I ended up clamping it together and taking it to my neighbor for a quick weld bead. Problem solved. Of course if you're not the mechanically enclined type, you can get a replacement latch assembly from Boyce, C&C, or Memphis Equipment. The part can also be found on that 4-letter auction site that everyone around here seems to hate for some reason.
:whistle:
Thats exactly how mine was broke I think, was showing it to a co worker and I think he ranked on it.

So to get that out, I need to take off the screws to the access pannel, the door handle, and the two screws on the door jam ya?

True, all the work is done through the access panel inside the door, and you'll have to jockey the window up and down a few times to clear linkages and get the room to move things around. If you've got big ol gorilla arms, find someone skinny to help ya out! ;-)

NEIOWA

Rather than start a new thread. ONLY problem with our new M925 (converted to snowplow) is drivers outside door handle. Removed today to see if can repair (photo attached). On the shaft was a washer/shim, spring, washer/shim. Not want illustration in -20 looks like. I'm thinking the washers/spring should stay in the latch assembly. An I correct (need to replace the latch assembly)?Driver door handle M925.jpg

I agree with Redbeard. The latches, for no lesser term are cheap made, stamped metal. There are a few 90*s in the stampings that can be pushed out of place by forcing the handles and more so the outside. It "should" be an easy fix and I would suggest giving it a try before buying a new one. Either way you will have to remove the latch assembly.

Marcel

If you want to upgrade to a locking handle SS member caliber1 is selling them for cheap money and they are of better quality than the originals.2cents

NEIOWA

Thanks for the info on locking handle. That is of interest.

But question is: is the spring/washers supposed to be internal parts of the latch assemly (stay inside the latch)? Or what parts do I need to replace?

Last edited:

MT4222

I would just replace the handle. Yes the 5 ton door will fit. I am upgrading my door handles to locking handles pretty soon.

RobM36A2

I have the same problem with my m36.
The passenger door wouldn't open from the outside for a long time.
Today, when changing front tires, my dad tried to open the door from inside, and nothing happened.
How can I get the door to open again? I guess trough the inspection hole? What linkage should i pull/push to open?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks