• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door Stop

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the best way to restrain the door to keep it from hitting the mirror when opening?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
What is the best way to restrain the door to keep it from hitting the mirror when opening?
There should be a tab that goes into the cab that hooks to the door in the center of the hinge that will keep it from young too far out. If this is an issue. You can remove it thru the fresh air kick door, remove the arm and add washers to the inside of it that will fit over the door side of the arm but not the hook on the fresh air door area and reinstall it so it will stop the door sooner.

acme66

Push mirror arms farther out then tilt mirrors back into adjustment. Unless you are missing the door stop rid entirely in which case that will need to be fixed. Otherwise shove them forward till it no longer hits and pivot mirrors.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

dmetalmiki

I cut the rod (of the door retainer) and re-weld it to suit not hitting anything. (As 'just adjusting the mirrors(depending on type)) is not a remedy.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adjusting the mirrors on my truck just let the doors open more before they hit the mirrors.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Apparently doors do not have door stops installed. It's a ROPS cab if that makes any difference. Anyone have any pictures of the door stop?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A picture will not show all the hidden parts.

Best if you look at the parts tm to see everything.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
All I need pics of is the mirror and the door's hinge area(in between the hinges specifically) on the inside of the jamb.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Apparently doors do not have door stops installed. It's a ROPS cab if that makes any difference. Anyone have any pictures of the door stop?
Door stop:

door stop.jpg

The hole side goes on the door with a cotter pin, the bumper part goes in the cab as described earlier.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks