• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

door striker bolt

isaacucv

My door was sagging and not latching all the way. I replaced the hinge pins and bushings, and that helped but didn't solve it completely. I got a new striker bolt with the plastic bushing, and now it works great, and the body line even matches now. I almost lost the nut on the inside, i was able to use a magnet to hold it long enough to remove the striker bolt. I then held it in place with a screwdriver and tack welded it in place just enough to hold it there. When I screwed the new one in it broke the weld which allowed me to align the striker bolt. I just got another one for the passenger side.

isaacucv

I had to replace the door. I made the mistake of trying to adjust the door side of the hinge instead of the body side. Lesson learned

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks