• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door weather striping

Rich Johnson

So I have learned that my 1008 leaks through the drivers door weather stripping, right onto me!
I cannot find the door piece top weather striping at the restoration place I looked up. Does anybody know the GM part number for the driver side? You know, the one that screws to the top of the door.

Also, my windsheild leaks through the gasket around the metal body on both sides. It was replaced before I bought it.
This think leaks more than my M37 does.

Sajer

Check LMC they have a detailed diagram that you can use online to find the part. I have to order a pair myself and saw them online a few weeks ago.

Whitey

I second on LMC. I'm in the process of making a list of which weather stripping I need for my 1009. J C Whitney is the only other resource I have used for reference, but in this case I think LMC is the best choice.

camerodad

I have a 1008, and I bought all my weather stripping and vent glass, door handles, etc from LMC. Prices were reasonable, and stuff fits like original.

Camerodad

tvguy

I have a 1008, and I bought all my weather stripping and vent glass, door handles, etc from LMC. Prices were reasonable, and stuff fits like original.

Camerodad
X2 on LMC . . . just did mine about a month ago. No issues and easier than I thought.

lavarok

So I have learned that my 1008 leaks through the drivers door weather stripping, right onto me!
I cannot find the door piece top weather striping at the restoration place I looked up. Does anybody know the GM part number for the driver side? You know, the one that screws to the top of the door.

Also, my windsheild leaks through the gasket around the metal body on both sides. It was replaced before I bought it.
This think leaks more than my M37 does.
I dont think the M1008 came with the piece on the door you describe. I have only seen M1009s with this added piece screwed to the upper door/window assembly. Not to say you couldn't add it yourself, I just don't think it was stock. Just like the drip rail you only find on M1009s. You could add one to a M1008, but again not a stock item.

One thing to check if the truck leaks at the top seam is the door alignment. Some slight adjustments to the way it hangs can make a big difference here.

K9Vic

The M1009 has the outside rain gutter, all the M1008, M1028, M1010 and M1031 that I have ever seen did not have them. You can add them, but you have to drill out holes to hold it in place. They are just sheet metal screws as I have removed the rain gutters before on a 78 C20. I think that they only come in chrome though, so you would have to sand it down to paint it.

M1009 with rain gutters

Attachments

mr.travo

I just noticed this myself and had the same question. I am also looking for the rubber piece that fits on the top of the door. Also the rain gutter is rusting out on the passenger side and will have to oder a new one. I am trying to find a source as well. GM might be the way to go. I will research the PN.