• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DOT 5?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Two types of DOT 5

Some FYI here guys. I opened a gallon can of BFS from the guy selling it in the classifieds. The cans are marked with a mfd date of 10/94 and a test date of 10/96. This stuff is much newer than the surplus stuff in the jugs I have. I didn't see any problems with the BFS. Poured it right in the bleeder and then proceeded to the M108 and bled the brakes no problems. I am now sitting on 6 gallons of BFS. Hopefully that wil be enough for the rest of my days collecting.

sprucemt

Dot 5

The Dot 5 that I am currently selling is 2003 Mfg.I do have older BFS if someone is so inclined.I also have a limited amount of yellow BFS.

DanMartin

RE: Dot 5

Good timing...was just about to get into the brakes on my deuce.

About how much BFS would be required for a full system flush? (I have the split brake system on my 88, so I'm assuming it'll take a bit more than an older system).

ida34

Is the older stuff cheaper or same price? What kind of shipping for two gallons to Dexter, MI 48130? I am down to my last bottle and need some for reserve.

Thanks
Chuck

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I've used BFS dating back to 1982 without any ussues. As long as the bottle/can is sealed, it should be fine.

sprucemt

Any products on my site are shipped UPS ground at exact charge at the time of the order. With UPS seeming to change prices daily, I do not quote shipping prior to recieving an order by phone or thru the website. I take great care to double pack and box all of the grease's, oils and such to insure they arrive safely. Therefore, I can give you a exact rate after packing the product and not before.

With more than a five hundred gallons passing thru my facility, I have yet seen a bad can of DOT 5. Yet , I have heard rumors that there has been in the past, a bad batch. The product had curdled and seperated. Never saw it myself.

Older or yellow BFS is the same price as the newer. I just sell it to a different client base. In fact cans of 2006 MFG are going to the NJMTA show to a couple SS members.

Feel free to contact me by phone or email.