• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Double Deuce crew cab

ccequipment

Well I started a M35A2 Crew cab I am going to call Double Deuce. I though I would post pics with the progress along the way. Today we stripped the rear frame down, and rough cut out the rear of the cab. I have another donor truck and cab we are removing all the unwanted parts from and hope to get it setup in place tommorow to see whats going on.

Attachments

ccequipment

I am planning on leaving the frame the full length, one axel and a M105 bed. Proably will go with 15.5 XL Michelins, PS kit. I have a plasma cutter, and bought a new sheet metal brake and roller for this project, something I have needed for awhile. I will get some more pics up tonight

davesgmc

depending on how much sheet metal you plan on leaving between the two doors on the side you will need a cross brace of some sort to keep the cab from flopping around. I left almost 2 feet between mine. Make sure you brace the floor very good. and let the cab float on the frame or it will flex and bend with the frame. My 5 ton flexes a lot when off road, I was worried about the cab cracking, but it hasent yet. You going to do the easy way out and do a hard top or make a custom soft top?

ccequipment

depending on how much sheet metal you plan on leaving between the two doors on the side you will need a cross brace of some sort to keep the cab from flopping around. I left almost 2 feet between mine. Make sure you brace the floor very good. and let the cab float on the frame or it will flex and bend with the frame. My 5 ton flexes a lot when off road, I was worried about the cab cracking, but it hasent yet. You going to do the easy way out and do a hard top or make a custom soft top?
Thanks for the input, I figured on maybey putting a brace across there when I get to that point. Looks like I am going to leave about 11" between the doors. I was planing on making the cab float like you said, because these things flex. Plans are for a hard top.

ccequipment

Few more pics, quite a big job stripping out the donor cab from the parts truck. I removed the firewall and setup on the truck as seen in the first couple of picks. The front of these cabs are about 8 " narrower than the back, so I split it about 4 " on each side. I did 2 cuts instead of one down the middle so I could retain the factory mounting and pads on top of the frame rails. Thats about it for today, I might get some time to work on it tommorow. This thing is going to be huge and one of a kind around here.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks