• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Doubled M105 Camper

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oddball did one using a deuce bed. Islandguydon ended up with it. Don't know where it went when Don embarked on his journey.

RAYZER

Oddball's trailer was built with leaf springs on each axle, this allowed for no articulation, go over a hill and one axle comes off the ground causing the other to bare all the weight.
I remember having to stand on the trailer tongue to get it down to line up with the pintle hitch!

Last edited:

TAMU86

What about using a M796 bolster trailer as the base instead?... Dual axles that work together.

EQUIPMENT DATA
Total empty weight 4820 lb (2188 kg)
Total loaded weight 12,820 lb (5838 kg)

With extending the neck of the trailer you have a safer rig traveling and handles better backing up ( if needed).

Can shed some of the trailer base wight by trimming off some of the excess load supports for carrying pipes/logs...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not share the basics of what you want to do. The think tank is deep and wide here.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not share the basics of what you want to do. The think tank is deep and wide here.
Them two dirty words: It's Classified...

Well,

I was thinking a couple of years ago to obtain 2 105 trailers and scarf them together and place a FEMA trailer on it. With working too much and not enough time at home, it stayed at the thinking stage. Well, we have been placed on even time schedule and I have been putting numbers together and think I will try almost the same: make a 8x16 'çamper' and place it on the doubled trailer...

Was thinking that a civvy trailer just would not look right pulled behind the a2, even painted out in camo...and wanted it to look somewhat mil spec...

A single axle is out of the question, too much weight and I cannot find something with tandems that is light weight enough to place a camper on it and tow it behind the a2. I had been thinking about the 2 105s and also the bolster and the bolster is way too heavy...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Consider stretching an M200. Would have better capacity and function than conjoined M105s.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks