• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drag Link Kit from Memphis

dabtl

I put the $38 drag link kit from Memphis on the deuce today.

The old sockets were so worn the lube grooves had disappeared.

I am not sure it made a big difference in wheel wobble problems but with the steering gear rebuilt and the new tie rod ends, the steering will be virtually new. :)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good info! I'm glad you found the bad joints and you were able to fix them. I see on your other post you also had a loose front axle on the leaf-spring.

Blood_of_Tyrants

Make sure it is aligned properly, too. Poor alignment can cause shimmy problems as well as a feeling the steering wants to dart off to the side when you turn.

dabtl

The alignment may be the problem. The wedges put in required loosening the u-bolts. It would appear they were not torqued properly. Now, I am getting new lock washers and a morning putting them on will most likely solve the problem.

dabtl

Re: RE: Drag Link Kit from Memphis

doghead said:
Good info! I'm glad you found the bad joints and you were able to fix them. I see on your other post you also had a loose front axle on the leaf-spring.
The drag link is a 30 minute repair if you have a parts cleaner. I have my son. It took a little longer.

The wear on the ball sockets was easily seen. Without lube they would wear even quicker.

Memphis has about 400 of the kits in stock at $38 or so. A good preventive measure for an afternoon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks