• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

drain plugs WTH

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got my 5 ton 818 home today. The trucker called me this morning to let me know all the fluids had been drained ( in my years of buying surplus trucks never had this done to me was supposed to run according to GL on sight rep.) any how all the freakin drain plugs are missing from the vehicle. except for the diffs :x:x:x

also a nice fork lift push in the rad that was not there before.:x:x:x:x:x

So are the drain plugs standard affairs? I need the oil, tranny, transfer, and both fuel tanks.

CH

rmgill

Chuck you might get lucky and get the right size out of the McMaster Carr catalog. Get under there and take a look at the plug size and go from there. Obviously none of us can quickly look at our trucks. You might also order them via Saturn or Ted or one of those folks. Ted seems to get a bunch of 5 tons through.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Thank the environmental wackos in the state your truck came from for this.

To avoid even a chance that one drop of anything hits the ground some states require that all fluids are drained on "scrap vehicles".

I have never picked up a vehicle in Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas or Mississppi that had the fluids drained.

My first deuce came from Fort Jackson, SC......it had batteries, anti-freeze and oil in the engine but no oil in the tranny, TF case and differentials...go figure. :cookoo::cookoo::cookoo:

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
this was from GA . I think you will be seeing more of this from National guard turn-ins. My main problem is missing drain plugs. and of course the $$$$$$ to put the fluids back in.