• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Draining wet tank

Isawfrizzy

When you go to drain the air tanks after driving how much volume should you get out of the wet tank? Yesterday I let the truck idle and build up pressure in the primary and secondary tanks (120 psi). I shut it down and got distracted and forgot to drain the tanks. Went back a couple hours later and the wet tank had almost no pressure when I opened the drain. The primary and secondary had much more pressure and volume when I opened those.
Should the pressure and volume of the wet tank be comparable to the primary and secondary tank when you go to drain them? Should I start chasing leaks?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Wet tank is the first tank in the system. Should be equal to the others if your rear glad hand valve is leaking like your other post then that is where it is going. The emergency air gladhands feed off the wet tank and the primary and secondary tanks have check valves.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Isawfrizzy

Wet tank is the first tank in the system. Should be equal to the others if your rear glad hand valve is leaking like your other post then that is where it is going. The emergency air gladhands feed off the wet tank and the primary and secondary tanks have check valves.

It's all coming together.

Do you think this would also affect the functionality of my CTIS? It won't make the highway pressure, just blinks and then goes to 5 blinking. Would be nice if that glad hand was causing all the problems.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Could. Anything is possible. These trucks have more air lines than you have blood vessels

Jericho

Try inflating your tires with shop air to recommended pressure, Then start and drive ( after you have dumped the CTIS by disconnecting the QD cannon plug with POWER OFF,) if it goes to highway for a while then gives your all flashing , see if you can select run flat and wait to see if it will flash Highway/runflat then stable out on high way I haven't been able confirm it but the system does pressure checks and when it reaches its max sample window and tires arnt up to pressure it defaults to all flashing.