• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drash Isuzu 4LE1 engine issue

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Hoping someone has some knowledge of this engine. I have a Drash generator it has an Isuzu 4LE1 PV-02 engine. Its an earlier model around 1999 I believe, with the 4 individual injection pumps on the fuel rail and the solenoid/speed control to the left. The fuel rail will not move to the left and open so the engine will not start. Its not stuck hard though I can shimmy it back and forth. The gen sat for several years I am thinking maybe one of the four fuel pumps is stuck in a down position and is preventing the rail from sliding left to operating position. Can I just remove the pumps one at a time? Do I need any special know how or tools to do this? I dont want to cause damage.
Thanks
Will
will atpawnkingdotcom

Guyfang

Staff member
As far as I can remember, you can, (and should) remove one injector at a time. When all are removed at one time, its much more difficult to get them back in on the rail correctly. Much more difficult.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Do they have a part that can get stuck down from sitting over time that would prevent the fuel rail from releasing into the run position?

Guyfang

Staff member
Yes. I would pull them out one at a time and actuate them by hand. Could be water in them at some time, rusted up, maybe dirt/crud.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Yup looks the same. I got mine running a few days ago. One inj pump was stuck from sitting for many years. Got it out, soaked in in break free gun lube and it freed up. Fired right up once I put it all back together. If you hook up your fuel lines and take the fuel solenoid out the rack should move freely in and out you can test run it without the solenoid. Just stick your finger in the hole and push the rack to shut the engine off.

bimota

photos please

So please do a quick photo and upload - we need to reconnect back to factory.

Glad to hear you got yours running - hopefully we'll be there in a few days!

Yup looks the same. I got mine running a few days ago. One inj pump was stuck from sitting for many years. Got it out, soaked in in break free gun lube and it freed up. Fired right up once I put it all back together. If you hook up your fuel lines and take the fuel solenoid out the rack should move freely in and out you can test run it without the solenoid. Just stick your finger in the hole and push the rack to shut the engine off.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Its all closed and covered right now. I can get it out in a few days. Email me will atpawnkingdotcom I will forward you the manual.
Will

Guyfang

Staff member
The sad thing about DRASH is that most of the old rigs were produced in so many different configurations, that it's impossible to get the "right" TM. There were 3 different engines, and 2-3 main gens.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I got mine emailed to me from Drash tech support. They looked it up from the trailer data plate. They have excellent support even with the item in private hands.
Will

Guyfang

Staff member
Tats the only way to get the right books! Info from the trailer data plate. DRASH is good. Our contact here was a guy named Tim Dunn, super dude!

trooper632

Its all closed and covered right now. I can get it out in a few days. Email me will atpawnkingdotcom I will forward you the manual.
Will
Will, I just bought one of these with the isuzu diesel in it could you email the manual please. I havent picked it up yet but would like to have a manual, (Email address removed) , thanks in advance, trooper632@yahoo.com

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks