• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dreaming of rivets

sermis

I finally decided to put my ring back on my truck. I took it off a while back to paint and wound up selling my ring and then had to get another. My son has be on me to get it mounted back. I also decided to put in the cab support plate. I am dreaming of rivets now.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looks good...... Is that an ACAV shield on the M66? I didn't know they put those on them...

What size rivets did you use?

cruzinz28

Did you fabricate your own support bracket? I am pulling the support poles off a truck I just bought to store till I get some more funds to buy a ring and the spacer plates. Could you PM me some more pictures of your ring mount installed? - Jesse

sermis

This plate is an original NOS. They are getting harder to find. There are some reproduction plates someone on here has. The repro plate look just like the original ones. I just sole my extra ring and plate and allready regret it. I have a truck I am fixing to bob off and the ring would have looked really good on that truck.

sermis

Not sure on the AVAC shiels but nothing on my truck is original anymore. FMTV top, 395 super singles, etc.

sermis

How many drill bits did you break?
None and only used one bit for all the holes and the bit was still cutting good when I was done.
Believe it or not the bit was from Harbor Freight. I bought a pack that had about twenty bits of different sizes. Kind of like they reached into a box and picked 20 and put them into a package.