• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drexel Gardens Pick-up tomorrow 2-11-09

M818Runner

I am going to be at Drexel Gardens GL site tomorrow to pick up my M818. I wanted to find out if anyone else is going to be there tomorrow as well?

I will be driving from Pittsburgh and I wont lie I am a little nervous because we are planning to drive the truck back. I was hoping to find out if there is anyone in the area that might be able to help out in case of an emergency with getting the truck running. I hate to ask but I just am trying to cover all my bases. Any help offered will be more than appreciated.

Dan Smith

mbarber84

Best of luck on the recovery Dan, I expect to be inundated with texts, videos, and pics the whole day....I`ll be in class teaching the kids or else I`d go for sure! Let me know what time you expect to be pulling in to your house so I can maybe try and meet up with you, maybe take`r for a spin real fast!! LOL

Be safe, Be safe, and Be safe.....I have faith all will go very well

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think your problems will be related to batteries and brakes. That truck is probably a depot truck. Check out the paint on the 5th wheel.

Armada

I'm sure you'll be ok. Just inspect everything on the truck before you drive it off, and take your time with frequent stops (at least early in the trip), to check for leaks, hubs running hot, etc. I picked up a depot rebuild from there over a year ago and drove it home. It was over 300 miles one way. The only problem was the high beams wouldn't work and it didn't have a heater. Good luck and post the recovery pictures!

Attachments

stampy

Nice truck. I went to get mine and drove it home I needed batteries and fuel. I brought batteries, fuel, oil, tools ,aircompressor, spare wire, Diesel purge, Brake fluid, and of course the support Jeep! Sorry if I was closer I'd love to help!:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks