• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drexel IN M1009 Road Trip..

my69camaro

Well, Thursday we picked up 3 m1009s. Won them on gl without inspection.. 2 started right up and the other fired up after swapping in optima batts.. Drove 2 home and towed the other.. Good thing we had the trailer because one has no 2nd or 3rd gear.. Oh well, you win some you lose some. Was 180mi trip and the 2 that shifted correctly made the trip just fine.. :D

Attachments

86M10086.2L

Did you have them registered before you picked them up? Or did you have some type of dealer plate or temp tag from your state? I only ask because eventually I would like to get a M1009 from GL but NY is not really a temp tag state. Just curious how you went about it.

my69camaro

We did not register or plate them.. We just have the paper work saying we just bought them and have never had a problem..

Anyone make a decent torque converter for a diesel th400?

m38inmaine

If you have reverse and 1st I would check the vacuum pump/lines and shift switch on the injector pump first. Any failure with these items and the transmission won't shift. It's rare to have a bad transmission on a M1009. My recent m1008 purchase from VA had rotted vacuum lines on top of the engine, had I not replaced them it would not have shifted.

Jake0147

More than likely-

These do not "force" upshifts via the shifter like some older auto's were capable of doing. Barring of course the newer stuff with the "fake manual" option.

Bozor1000

Sometimes not having enough fluid in the trans will prevent it from shifting also. But like someone already said, the rebuilds for these trans are pretty cheap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks