• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drive and tell me what you think

Vfflang

Looking for someone in the Clermont Area to stop by and give my deuce a drive, someone who know alot more then me... I want to say there's a few thing wrong but I can't put my finger on them.

1. Drives and sound good up to 4th after 4th GOOD GOD. noise level and ride sucks again maybe it me but WOW!

2. I feel a wobel but it feels like front to back not side to side??? <not sure if this makes any sense...

If someone has the time to give her a spin and give me some advise ...I would be greatful. Thanks

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the bolts on the drive shaft between the transmission and TC. Put both in neutral and actually take two wrenches and tighten each one of the bolts. It is sometimes difficult to tell if they are loose until you try to tighten them. This is a common Deuce problem, not to say that this is causing your problem, but it should be done periodically in any event.

Vfflang

Check the bolts on the drive shaft between the transmission and TC. Put both in neutral and actually take two wrenches and tighten each one of the bolts. It is sometimes difficult to tell if they are loose until you try to tighten them. This is a common Deuce problem, not to say that this is causing your problem, but it should be done periodically in any event.

I was just under there the other day ...There a small bowel shaped piece which was loose I believe on the Front of the transfer case...do this make any sense

A

A/C Cages

Im in Orange City and I have a Phil. A Phil is my expert in anything truckwise. If you are ever up this way I can have him take a look at it for free. He is on my payroll so im sure he wont mind. lol But it sounds like what Gimpy was stating. Deuce 2 had the same problem and it was an easy fix.
I know there is a couple of guys in the Tampa area also but not Clermont, sorry.

Vfflang

OK just watched several You tube video and ...yeah my 5th gear doesn't sound like that at all..... I have a high pitch sound at high speed ....if I let off the gas it goes away.

Vfflang

Ok .... I removed the spline caps today and took it for a drive ....the wobble is still there but not as bad.....it starts at 45 -50 mph and goes away until 58 =mph....it did have a quieter drive with them removed..

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your going to drive it and see if the front/back bounce goes away.
Stay off dusty roads and the better the payment the better we hear and feel .
The front was a big step first I might have gone with drive train first. It needs to be done asap when we get our hand on them from GL. There is more to check but finish axle then drive line. I guess you know but grab the drive shaft by the joints and try and rip it out of there. This also is checking for input bearings on axles/ trans and TC. Try and pull off tie rod. and related parts.
I would think a bearing repack on all bearings on the trucks we get would a least know where we are.

Christmas is comming so ask for some Firestone T 831's tires. Man nice ride

I might be able to run down when you thinking. 352-262-0398

Last edited:

Vfflang

Stay off dusty roads and the better the payment the better we hear and feel .
The front was a big step first I might have gone with drive train first. It need to be done asap when we get our hand on them. There is more to check but finish axle then drive line. I guess you know but grab the drive shaft by the joints and try and rip it out of there. This also is checking for input bearings on axles. Try and pull off tie rod. and related parts.
I would think a bearing repack on all bearings on the trucks we get would a least know where we are.

Christmas is comming so ask for some Firestone T 831's tires. Man nice ride

I might be able to run down when you thinking. 352-262-0398

Let me know what a good day is for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks