• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drive home with first MV. My new 1954' M54

msisco

Hi Everyone. Yesterday I picked up a 1954' M54 Multifuel in So Cal. I am pumped to have picked up this truck. It sat for a few years I believe but we aired up the tires, bleed the breaks and drove it approx 30 miles with no major issues. It had two flats and stalled several times because of bad fuel and an intermit fuel pump issue. All and all it was a good first drive. I am really looking forward to having some more fun with this truck and seeing what you guys have all done with your rigs.

Here are a few pics from yesterday.

[thumbzup]

day one.jpg

M54 Drives rear1.jpg

M54 rear pass1.jpg

Mike

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the Madness. You know that you cant stop at just one.....they tend to multiply...........

I started with one and now starting on the second dozen....LOL

Interesting way to mount the rear taillights

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a very nice truck, congratulations!

Warthog, the Marine M813s with the ISO beds have their tail-lights mounted that way too. Keeps them well protected!

Cheers

Attachments

msisco

Thanks eveyone! I thinks it's extra cool because it's a 1954 in great shape. I have not see to many 1950's models in the wild. They have all probably been updated already.

markmontana

Thanks eveyone! I thinks it's extra cool because it's a 1954 in great shape. I have not see to many 1950's models in the wild. They have all probably been updated already.
I'm a 1954 production model and also in great shape :roll:

That is a really amazing truck for it's age- there were only about 1100 or so made, so you have a real keeper. Good work...

msisco

Markmontana - Wow, they only made 1100! Cool. My big piece of history. I would think the truck is of more value being that old and in good shape.

USAFSS-Coldwar- Thank you! Cheers.

M813RC - It looks like the bed was upgraded along with the tranny.

Warthog- I already feel it comeing on strong. It all started with a trip by Hundy's place in Lucern. I bought a MOLLE backpack. Next week a M105 trailer. Two weeks latter I have a 5 ton truck. At this rate I will have an aircraft carrier anchored off the coast! My wife thinks I have lost my mind already. I told here this is a great investment. Now, where to park the investment. Yikes!

G-I-JOE - Yes it has a winch but appears to be missing the cable and tensioner. I don't really know enough to say for sure. I will post a pick here of the winch feel free to tell me what I am missing. Shoud I try to get the parts for the winch or just take it off?

Recovry4x4, JBINGVTX- Thank You!

Do you guys think it's better for me to try to keep the truck original since it's a 1954' or should I just keep going with the upgrades like to more modern trucks? I am on the fence if I should keep it original or just update it and have it just for fun. I am concerned that it might be worth more if it's restored to 50's orginal style. Paint and all..

Attachments

area52

That winch is not an original winch for a M54, not sure where that one came from.

The 5 ton cargo trucks with winches did not have tensioners on top, just the wreckers had the top tensioners.

msisco

So maybe I just need the winch cable and hardware? It has the drive shaft connected but the PTO is not installed yet. The PTO is in the back of the truck. It sounds like the tranny was upgraded to the spicer 3053A. I hope the PTO will still work with this tranny.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks