• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driver Side Antenna Mount

littlesfmtv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know where to find the driver's side antenna mount? I have a passenger side and am using these to mount ibis tek steerable search lights, but cannot find the drivers side anywhere. If you have one you would be willing to part with let me know.

Third From Texas

Does anyone know where to find the driver's side antenna mount? I have a passenger side and am using these to mount ibis tek steerable search lights, but cannot find the drivers side anywhere. If you have one you would be willing to part with let me know.
They are out there in the wild, but not very common. The few that I've seen people selling were the gold-plated ones worth $1000..

IMO, your best bet is to take the left one to a fab shop and have them make a mirror of it. Done.

Or you can wait and maybe find a real one (because surplus is always worth the wait and the 100x what a fab shop can make one for).

littlesfmtv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fab shop it is. I had seen people saying they were common before, but if they only sell for $$$$ then I can have one made up. I was hoping they would be cheap like the passenger side.

" (because surplus is always worth the wait and the 100x what a fab shop can make one for)." - I got a good chuckle out of this.

Last edited:

Third From Texas

Fab shop it is. I had seen people saying they were common before, but if they only sell for $$$$ then I can have one made up. I was hoping they would be cheap like the passenger side.

" (because surplus is always worth the wait and the 100x what a fab shop can make one for)." - I got a good chuckle out of this.
You might even consider having them make you a couple spares to sell. Seems like someone is always looking for one to do the driver side. It'd certainly help cover the cost.

For your purpose of searchlight mount, you might even come up with a better design (I'd never thought of mounting remotes there, but it's an interesting idea and I have four remote spots now)

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I FOUND SOME ON EBAY BELTFED34 WAS THE SELLER I pulled the pic to the top of the camper fourm under my build maybe just blow up the pic and copy it ! i think you could just take the plate off the back the one that goes around the back of the cab and just flip it and copy/fab it

Last edited:

littlesfmtv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might even consider having them make you a couple spares to sell. Seems like someone is always looking for one to do the driver side. It'd certainly help cover the cost.

For your purpose of searchlight mount, you might even come up with a better design (I'd never thought of mounting remotes there, but it's an interesting idea and I have four remote spots now)
It just hit me the other day to put the spots there. Mine are LEDs and won't stick out past the box profile. I'm going to fab a roof rack and didn't want them to interfere up top.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It just hit me the other day to put the spots there. Mine are LEDs and won't stick out past the box profile. I'm going to fab a roof rack and didn't want them to interfere up top.
I've been looking for a driver's side antenna mount for a while too, for the same reason. I haven't gotten to installing the light kit yet, so I haven't pushed it.

littlesfmtv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been looking for a driver's side antenna mount for a while too, for the same reason. I haven't gotten to installing the light kit yet, so I haven't pushed it.
I've got a guy here in Memphis that does a ton of aluminum fabrication that is going to make some for me. I may get half a dozen made. And I may redesign the top for the ibis base searchlight mount and wiring on several of them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks