• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drivers door glass

blzrgb

Dam the luck. Yesterday I let a friend borrow one of my 1008's to haul wood to our camp site and he brought it back with the glass shattered out of the drivers window. The vent window is fine. I've got a good spare door with the glass intact but the paint is different. How hard is it to just replace the glass?
If it's a real PITA I'll prbly just swap the doors. Thanks in advance.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It does but thats not a very difficult job either. CUCV door glass is amongst the easiest to change. Door work frustrates me but I don't mind doing these. I do wear gloves and long sleeves or I will certainly bleed.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you actually have to remove it, or just remove the 4-5 screws? I seem to remember leaving it in there. Then again it has been awhile.:roll:

raiburn

The vent window has to come out. Make sure you shop-vac out inside the bottom of the door before you re-install. Unless you like to leave clues around town of where youve been. Its like a trail of bread crumbs, but glass.

Cucvnut

Ii took my door glass out and i left the vent window in place just had top turn it side ways to get it back in. but why is your friend not paying to have it replaced at a shop ? he was useing it when it broke

Last edited: