• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drivers side alt belt adjustment..Help!

ajsmith184

So my M1009 has had a squeal when cold..I went ahead and got a new drivers side belt...Install was a snap...Took it around the block, and noticed it had rolled over...Figured maybe I didnt get it tight enough, took it off, did it again, drove around the block...Same thing....So i put it on a third time..All looks good up top...Got on my back and got under the truck...To me it looks like the power steering pulled is inward, causing the belt to go slightly in before going back out around the crank pulley...Odd thing is, the other two belts are fine :-| What is the remedy for this? Appreciate the help, leaving day after tomorrow and hope to be able to get this on the road.

ajsmith184

Here are a few...I am thinking this, and the drivers belt, are backwards? Looking down at the fan, the drivers alt belt is the furthest forward..Seems being in the middle, and the pass side being furthest forward would line up?

Attachments

Last edited:

ajsmith184

Thanks for verifying what I thought.....Just makes me say....WOW :shock: I have no idea how whoever put these on last managed to make this work..This is exactly how it was when I got it....I swear this thing came from Gomer Pyles unit :beer:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While you are at it, check the bolts under the power steering pully. Sometimes they will back out and cause the punp to be tilted slightly. Also the bracket is known to break.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks