• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drivers side exhaust problems?

ivbeenrokd

Okay, so I'm working on my crew cab build and the way I want things to layout it's looking like I'm going to end up moving the exhaust stack behind the cab on the drivers side. Can anyone think of any negatives to doing this?

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take into account the heat if you plan on using troop seats, bows, and cargo cover.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Okay, so I'm working on my crew cab build and the way I want things to layout it's looking like I'm going to end up moving the exhaust stack behind the cab on the drivers side.
I fabbed a set of stacks for my bobber using HUMVEE fording exhaust pipes and some flex pipe. No issue with the slave port.

bobbed deuce.jpg

ivbeenrokd

I hadn't thought about the slave cable, good point. The biggest thing I was focusing on was the fuel tank. It will work on much better on the passenger side so I thought I'd just put the stack on the drivers side if there aren't any big negatives I'm overlooking.

I'll be using a 105 bed so I won't have troop seats but there's always a chance I may throw the bows and top on it. However, I didn't put the cargo cover on my truck for the past 2 years.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Are you dead set on a stack? I know a guy that made a bobbed truck and he ran the exhaust out the back. It made for a nice quiet ride in the cab. You could actually have a conversation instead of a screaming match. ;)

ivbeenrokd

My whole goal in moving it behind the cab is to get it quieter. I may add a muffler as well to knock the edge off. The big issue I have with dropping it underneath or out the back is the choke factor. I'm thinking for parades or back road trips the person behind and/or beside me is more likely to hate me if its underneath or out the back. I'm also hoping to do an insulated head liner to quiet down the cab if the $$ are still there by then.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
X2 on the choke factor. Thought about putting a muffler with the stack on the front? I added a race muffler (Dynomax) and it took the edge off. I think the Donaldsons that other here are using are even better. While adding the muffler, you also get to decide to extend the stack up some more if you wish. I raised mine about six inches. I have the D turbo.