• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driving a M925A2 Back From Auction

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
[FONT=&quot]Rail freight i[/FONT]s usually the lowest cost way to ship something heavy more than 250mi. There are terminals everywhere. Try a quote that way too for more options if that is really the one you have to have.
Having rail loaded a lot of military vehicles and then unloaded them on the other end I would never ship a single vehicle by rail.

Most rail freight sits on sidings in large yards in major metro areas where the local thugs pretty much have free reign.

We had vehicles arrive at NTC with batteries missing, windows broken and tagged by moronic vandals. And that was with armed guards in a caboose at the end of the train. It will also take a long time depending on how the car your vehicle is on is routed. The railroad is not concerned with your small revenue stream and work on their own timetable.

You also have to consider where you would be loading/unloading. God help you if either end is a union shop. You will have to let some union hand do all the tie down/loading and unloading. They will charge you accordingly. You will also have to pay to have the car spotted and picked up assuming you can find a siding with a loading dock that is accessible to the public.

If you don't want to drive it then hire a fellow member to pick it up and load it on a transport truck. The peace of mind will be worth it.

I just loaded two that belong to a fellow member onto trucks and sent them to Canada from Alabama. They both arrived just fine.

Freight is just another cost of the hobby.

kenrevi

I wanted to thank everyone for there comments, I decided that I'm going to look for one closer to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks