• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driving a personal Humvee on the streets while national guard is deployed in state

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
zebedee, glad your wife has joined the effort to help us fight COVID-19, but that has no relevance when it comes to making inflamatory statements about flexing muscles.

It is not flexing to drive a legally purchased and restored car or truck. It is just a truck.

Please don't mix apples and oranges. Your wife is doing a great thing. Bless her for her efforts, but her efforts are outside the scope of this thread.

Best,

T

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
QUOTE Now is not the time to run around defending what your rights are. If you are lucky enough, cautious enough, you will get this but mildly or even escape this all together if your own immune system is strong enough and don't have any other medical/respiratory issues, blood pressure, overweight, smoke etc., etc. Otherwise you will get this and potentially soak up valuable and scarce resources or even die. QUOTE

I am sorry, this is EXACTLY the time to defend and guard our rights, there are folks out there that use ANY disaster to assault and diminish our rights.......
And unfortunately your response is exactly why they do it, IT WORKS THROUGH PANIC

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
QUOTE Now is not the time to run around defending what your rights are. If you are lucky enough, cautious enough, you will get this but mildly or even escape this all together if your own immune system is strong enough and don't have any other medical/respiratory issues, blood pressure, overweight, smoke etc., etc. Otherwise you will get this and potentially soak up valuable and scarce resources or even die. QUOTE

I am sorry, this is EXACTLY the time to defend and guard our rights, there are folks out there that use ANY disaster to assault and diminish our rights.......
And unfortunately your response is exactly why they do it, IT WORKS THROUGH PANIC

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin

Mogman, your words are on point. Thank you.

It is at times of crisis that we must remember who we are! We represent the "Free World". We are Democracy. We are Americans.

We did not surrender our muskets after the revolution or guns after the Civil War, WW I and WW II. We bought and drove military surplus Willy's Jeeps after WW II despite measles, mumps and rubella, influenza and nationalization of the National Guard during floods, disease and social unrest. We should not now start to question our very rights and freedoms.

I hate the original premise of this thread and what it represents. This is NOT the first time the National Guard has been called upon under difficult situations. No one raised questions like this in the past, so why allow some anonymous poster to do it now [especially when he/she has not responded at all since the original post]. Some idiot lit a fuse and lobbed this bomb into our respectable community, and is probably laughing about the results. This original question is the embodiment of our eroding understanding of what it is to live in freedom in the USA.

Last edited:

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure how I should reply... Apples and oranges, exactly the time to defend rights.... What?

Driving a Humvee amidst the Guard being on duty - not following directions when the director thinks you are part of a convoy or arriving somewhere where the Guard is expected but then not then being them - can only add confusion, dismay and when they realise it's a civi truck - angst towards the hobby. THEN your rights will be challenged. Stay home, don't confuse, polish your muskets or what ever - no one is challenging any ones rights on military vehicles, guns or whatever... at the moment - give them an excuse, then see what happens..

I am ok with not flaunting my expensive toys "because I can", until there is play time, after this world wide disaster has subsided. They do not need high water vehicles, avalanche vehicles, tow trucks, off road trucks or any other ex military vehicles muddying the waters - may be hurses, mobile morgues or ambulances.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks