• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driving My M3A1 Stuart Tank

Fort rogers

Your tank is killing me :drool: Love your videos !!! Drive it down and ill POL you for a ride! When you deceide to upgrade again be sure to post it, please, i can dream cant i !!!!

6x6guy

We met this guy ( sorry forgot his name) at Knob Creek this spring who had a M 5 tank on static display - on Sunday afternoon most of the campers buged out- except a couple of us who were to departed on Monday- It was about mid afternoon- and a few of us were sitting around the camp fire when somebody noticed the M 5 driving in the camp ground ( everybody went looking for their camera at this point- to snap a few pics). So the bunch of us were snapping pics as the tank drove by-and the owner, real nice guy- talked to us for a while about the tank.
His grandson was learning along with his friend the operational driving fuctions of the tank,
and being instructed by another member of the crew in the commanders seat.
The owner asked us if we wanted to go for a ride- (who in their right mind wouldn't jump at a chance lake that) What a ride, and great experience - after the ride and cew took a break and we took some more pictures.
The owners grandson and his friend were developing drivers skills, as this tank and his another like this, were getting ready to be picked up, and delivered to the east coast to be shipped to France to be in a movie- being filmed this summer. The grandson and his friend are going to be the drivers - ( due to their age 18/19 something- the average age of armored driver during WWII).
The best part will be this fall, we were invited by the owner ( the tanks will be back ) in time for the fall shoot at the creek- and after the scheduled events on Sunday, it will be on the range
doing what it was designed to do. Will post pics later today john