• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Droolguy's 1984 M1028 issue tracker.

Droolguy

Hello everyone,
I am just posting this thread up so that I can keep track of issues related to my new to me (2 days old) CUCV and ask for help without making a ton of threads.
If you read about an issue and it doesn't have "solved" next to it in the list I have below I still need help either figuring out if it is normal or fixing it.
Bear with me as this is my first diesel ever so I really don't know what is normal.
Thanks everybody for your time, and I look forward to talking to you all.
1. Light blowby at oil fill, apparently normal.
2. Screeching GEN2 alternator belt, solved, tightened.
3. GEN 2 warning light on when vehicle off, stays on after engine starts, goes off once engine warms up seemingly at random, meter in truck shows neutral charge when light is on goes to just a hair below the mark in green sector when light turns off.
4. Ringing sound coming from oil fill tube when the cap is off. Normal or issue? VIDEO @ https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z3WKjZXa3saWARyMpscWhGipEtS8Hop-
5. Glow plug wait light takes almost 20 seconds to go off on first start of day @ 70 degrees outside temperature, normal or issue?
6. Very hard starting first start of day, regardless of temperature. Crank for 15+ seconds before fires. Need to use throttle to keep from dying after start until it rolls up to operating RPM. RPM slowly increases until it levels off, then can release and it will idle.----6a. Has fuel leak, can contribute to air in fuel lines according to SS search, will troubleshoot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks