• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drop side Vs .....uhh Non-Dropside?

hot rod deuce

Hey anyone know whats differnt on the drop side bows? if i have everything for a normal box can I make it work on a drop side like say i upgraded to one? Remember i aint scared to CHOP

CGarbee

The bows on my non-dropside truck are all bolted together and cannot be taken apart by hand, the ones on my dropside have clips on the corners that allow me to seperate the upright/corner combination from the horizontal pieces by hand for storrage... Not sure if this is a dropside/non-dropside thing or if it is a newer/older style thing in general...

My dropside bed has provisions for storing the bow pieces under the front edge of the bed, the non-dropside has provisions for the bows to be stored on the bed in the front...

Never paid too much attention to it all as I usually just take the bows completely off and store them leaning next to the barn when I need the bed uncovered...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I know! The dropside bow corners have a little arm that engages with a lug on the side of the bow instead of them being bolted together on the rigid side bed. Head rack has pockets for storage of the bow corners and staves and the bows are stored underneath the bed above the fuel tank.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just swapped to a drop side, And almost lost a finger or two while i was at it. My T-seats and headache rack fit just fine. The bows should work also. The dropside bow corners have a swivile latch on them. Using non dropside bows, you would have to take everything loose to lower a side. But i don't think you will have to chop anything.

Desert Rat

I can vouch for the "almost lost a finger or two". Folks, swapping a bed is intended for more than just soldier "A" and "B". You need several experienced people to help out. BTW, patience before a hurricane is also advised ;) .

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For all you guys wanting dropside beds, I hope you want them for the looks! You think it requires 2 soldiers for a bed swap, try dropping one of those sides with troop seats. Even without troop seats its a bear alone. On the other hand, the M35A2C looks pretty cool with the bedsides removed too.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trust me on this one, no amout of lube will make those things lighter. If you've got lube that makes things lighter, send me a pallet of it!

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny's right they ain't light , But they sure do make loading the truck with a forklift much easier!!!!

rmgill

The ISO beds are easier to raise and lower by one's self. I could do it no problem. Weight is about as much as the tail gate.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ISO beds are just plain cool. Too bad there's not one for the deuce. Thats, a utility bed fer sure!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
One of you crazy guys like the Baby HEMTT guy or CraneTruck need to cut an ISO bed down for a Deuce

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks