• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dropped Pitman Arm?

jdoktor83

when ridgerunner lifted his m35a3, he had to build his own drop pitman arm. 5 to 6" seems like alot. I think he only used 2"
or 3" for his 8" lift. I'd check with him. good luck

jesusgatos

You can't use a drop-pitman arm without changing the steering geometry because of the way the pitman arm is oriented. If you install a 'drop' pitman arm, it would also be a longer pitman arm, which would reduce the amount that the front wheels would turn when you turn the steering wheel. I've seen people modify the steering arm on the driver's-side knuckle instead, which can be raised without affecting the steering geometry, but I would be VERY reluctant to do this because of all the extra load put on the hardware and knuckle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks