• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dropside loading warning stencil

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Does anyone have a deuce with the stencil shown in the picture?

This is a truck that sold on ebay 4 or 5 years ago, I believe in Massachusetts. I think the wanring stencil says "Caution Drop both sides when loading or unloading with a forklift" but I can't be 100% sure as I can't blow the image up any or it pixelates pretty badly. I'd like some better pictures and preferably some measurements so I could duplicate this.

This is the only dropside I have ever seen with this warning.

Where could I have such a stamp made?

EDIT: Found another picture.

Attachments

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Clint,

I've never seen this stencil before and don't recall seeing this warning in the book. There shouldn't be such a warning (valid warning) if it is not in the book (-10).

If you do need such a stencil, I have a 1" machine you can come and cut your own.

CARNAC

emr

Never saw it around either, but like all militery stuff, there is always a possiblity of something else out there, but like said it is a unit thing I would bet,.but cool all the same , it would be fun to have a truck with every stencil and sticker out ther , just once... well maybe there would not be enough room...:confused:

ida34

I have never seen the warning before and we had all kinds of dropside five tons and deuces.

I saw a newer box truck with a lift on the back. There were no fewer then 10 warning decals on the side. Has anyone ever saw the movie Idiocracy? The premise was an average or slightly dull guy is wakes up after several hundred years in suspended animation. All of a sudden he was the smartest person on the planet. The movie explained all the smart people were waiting for the right time to have a child while bubba was out there having multiple kids.

Maybe these warning signs are unnaturally tipping the scale towards keeping stupid people alive. I say let Darwinism take it's natural course. Do we really need 10 warning decals for the rearend of a box truck?

"Caution Do not stand in back of the truck while it is in rearward motion. Injury or Death could result. "

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
"Caution Do not stand in back of the truck while it is in rearward motion. Injury or Death could result. "
The longer I live the more I believe that the intelligence is being bred out of the human race at an alarming rate.

My favorite example:

On the label of a jar of peanut butter: WARNING! Contains peanuts!!

YA THINK??? :doh::doh:

saddamsnightmare

June 29th, 2010.

Drop that one by Rick Larsen, at Rick LArsen's Military Stencils, I'm pretty sure he could come up with the stencil on short order, and maybe the other folks with M35A2C's could benefit from it.....;-) Also Will Wagner on here is a miastro at cutting stencils....

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That has got to be an Air Force truck. I will refrain from any further A/F comments.aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks