• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dropside vs non tarp & bows

wsucougarx

My '88 M35A2C came with a different style cargo top than the rest of my non-dropside deuces. It was different in that it had the super rope between the bed/cab rather than a cinching strap. Not sure if that's how the new styles came but that's the one thing I noticed. The bow corners for a dropside are different as they have the quick release latches for the bows rather than the screws. The bows are the same. Also the troop seats are different as well.

Last edited:

emr

Mike gave u the only difference. there are different cargo coversout there all work with all in deuce land.....Oh sorry.... one more... there are bows without the hooky thingy that sticks out that those corner bows hook to and of course there are corners without the hooks U see....simply so u do not need a wrench or screw driver to remove the bows...to drop a drop sides side...

scooter01922

Huh, never knew that, guess my truck has the wrong bows. Anyone sees a set of the right dropside ones i may be interested for the right price.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have "non-dropside" bow corners in my dropside truck.

I've always wondered what would make them dropside corners, though. Its not like you can drop the side with the staves and corners in the troop seats anyways.

emr

Well u are soposed to pull the staves, but the seats can stay and would stay they have a lock for that so they do not fall down and on the ground, all thought out by uncle Sam, he is awesome...:-D

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well u are soposed to pull the staves, but the seats can stay and would stay they have a lock for that so they do not fall down and on the ground, all thought out by uncle Sam, he is awesome...:-D
Right, just the seats stay. So what makes the latched corners dropside specific?

emr

U can take the bows out with out a screw driver or wrench, they mostly have #3 philips from uncle sam unless they are a drop side bow then they just latch, for a fast release.pop out the bow, no tools lift out the stay on the side or sides and drop the sides with seats,

Last edited:

gunboy1656

I have a set of dropside bow on my non drop truck, and I like it that way. I can pop them apart while still in the bed of the truck. No screw driver needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks