• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drove a Deuce Satruday, GL needs to hurry up

sandcobra164

I went to a birthday party for a 1 year old for one of my wife's friends. What does her husband have but low and behold a M35A2 Winch truck in the backyard. He say's he got it off of a friend with leaking axle seals for $1400 bucks?????? It had Toole rebuild tags from 84' and ran perfectly. He wanted me to drive it to see if it was a good truck and ran comparably with the trucks I had driven in my time in the Army. Truck ran good but maybe slow to his standards. It blew smoke out the stack and pulled really well and I got to finally show my wife what I have on hold. I'm waiting on my EUC to clear from GL 4737 Lot 6362. We finally got to take our first family ride in a deuce and I'm now about to go crazy for my paperwork to clear on mine. The odd thing about this encounter is the guy really liked the deuce he has but has only driven it "twice". After all my excitement, he was wondering what was so great about them. I simply told him he had an awesome truck and he just needed to drive it more to figure it out. Man I wish GL and DLA would get my paperwork cleared. This post was just a ramble, comment if you like but please nothing negative. I'm trying to stay happy and just believe that I'll be a proud owner of my own truck soon. I've already paid my money for it. If GL doesn't know how to do much else, they know how to debit your account.

rken302

I know the 45 day wait sucks ! **** near killed me . But it is worth the wait . And just think the 2nd one goes fast, 7 days for me and the 3rd in 5 days . good luck

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
WOw, you are so locked up with GL you missed the oppertunity to buy that deuce for $1K. Go back and ask for his.

WyoDeuce

I thought I was going to loose my mind waiting for my euc. I was obssesively checking my e-mail and logging on to GL several times a day. My euc cleared 1 day before the hold e-mail. I was one of the lucky ones who was able to pick up. I am driving on a 90 day temp plate while I wait for a sf97 to come back. I bet the hold will totally screw up my sf97. Does anyone think my title will come befor feb. 4th when my plate expires? I drive my deuce all the time so I am allready ahead of your buddy. Good luck on your euc. :twisted:

820jeep

Event 4678 Lot 7100 on 17 Sept., EUC sent to BC on 23 Sept. for my M35A2
and Event 4671 lot 7804 on 10 Sept., EUC sent to BC on 21 Sept. for a M-101A2
Have not heard a thing.

Heavysteven

I drove mine to. It was a blast only a couple hundred feet, parrell parked it back in place:-D. The best test drive i have every been on. Learned later that was a no-no. You live you leran though.

Sent to BC on 10-28-09
M35A2 W/W Frankfort

Attachments

sandcobra164

gimpyrobb,
The man who owns the deuce is actually a mechanic who was doing some work for his friend who bought the truck from a dealer in Atlanta. The man who bought from the dealer paid $4500 and brought it down south. It's axle seals were leaking so my buddy worked on it and had it parked behind his house. As his luck would have it, the man he was working for just recently tried to come up with a down payment for his home so my buddy got it on the cheap. And what a deal he got in my opinion. On GL, you might steal an A3 for $4500 but from a dealer, that's pretty close to about right for an A2. My buddy just has that kind of luck.

Stan Leschert

I've been hooked since the day I drove my first MLVW. Now I'm training new drivers for the M-135, for parade and display use. Yep, my DND-404's are somewhat expired. To drive one is to love one! Even my wife has stopped being jealous...Finally!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks