• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dry Ice Blaster - Got a wide Hair

Gruemeyer

:oops: I just took delivery of my 1st Deuce M109.. I bought a new Miller Welder , cost gloves and a promise from one of our business neighbors Mechanic to "learn me how to weld some metal "

I got a wild hair and decided maybe I would blast the deuce van body etc myself and buy an Aero 40 Dry Ice blaster.. Dang.. just found out about the cost..$16K. A bit much for a one time use.

Now going with plan B or C.. B: Pay to have it done.. C: power sander after extreme pwoer washing..:p

Heath_h49008

There was a couple of threads going about wet sandblasting with a powerwasher, but I have yet to see anything on dry ice blasting on the forum.

Subscribed!

Gruemeyer

I watched this being done at Suttengarten welding supply in Indy when picking up my new welder.. It was way to cool... Thought would be fun.. I can rent same.. but need to check into price.. Most likely will be cheaper to dirve it over to local shop who does Media Blast ( Just not as much fun..

PS// Just measured and she won't fit in my barn.. I guess an annex to the barn is now in the plan.

Heath_h49008

I was looking into it pretty heavily for my 1964 Fairlane. Soda has some side issues that make soft plastic media look like a much better option, even if it is a bit more expensive.

On a deuce, I doubt soda would cut the CARC worth a darn. We don't need to worry about panel warping.

rickf

A friend of mine ha a M 151 soda blasted and it came out real nice and pretty. Problem is it was too pretty! Too smooth, had the sand the entire vehicle so the paint would grab. That was verified by the fact that places we did not sand peeled.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks