• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual 1600x20's on a Bridge Truck? Possible?

M1075

gimpyrobb said:
I have to claim ignorance here. The bridge truck rims are wider than "normal" 5ton truck rims? Say like on a wrecker? So if I were to come across some bridge truck rims they would work for bigger than 1100x20 tires? All I would need is the larger tire huh.
Yes, they are wider and work well with the 14x20 tires. However, they will only work on the bridge trucks (unless you adapt your axles with parts from the bridge trucks).

m139h2otruck

The link M1075 posted shows the bridge truck wheels and the axles on our water truck.

The 10x20 wheels on all the bridge trucks (M139, M328, M812, and M9??) are all very deep dish and will not bolt up to the standard 5 ton axle without the spacers or the wider rear axles used on these trucks. I havn't done it, but you may be able to reverse the rear hubs and use the wheels as singles on the rear of a standard 5 ton, but I think the track will be way off (too narrow).

I think the best use of the bridge truck wheels would be for cutting the centers out and replacing them with the correct back spacing centers to use for super singles. The wheels on our trucks are super heavy duty and are all split rim tube type so you could use them with any of the 1600x20 tires with tubes or the lower profile 1550s if you can get the tubes. Rim with center and w/o split weighs at least 100#.