• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual filter head mounting location

cshaw07

When I first got my CUCV my filter block was cracked so I replaced it with the Mueller one from walmart because I was cheap. DO NOT USE THIS FILTER/FILTERHEAD It worked OK... but it is for a boat so the only place you can get replacement filters from is a boat store, they are pricey, small, and no good. I just won a dual filter setup on ebay that comes with 3/8 hose barb fittings and 2 fram 20micron fuel/water separators. I also ordered two 2micron filters. The idea to run one 20mic fuel/water separator then one 2micron filter on the dual head. The only issue is finding a place to put the dual head with 2 huge filters. they are about 4" round by 8". I'm thinking i may be able to move the power bus bars over a bit and mount them in a raised stock location, has anyone ever moved their buss bars? Or have a better idea of where to mount them? This truck gets used offroad a lot.

Skinny

Maybe you can move the front battery to the rear location to free up some room. Being that the cables are relatively expensive, I would avoid rerouting the bus bars. Very expensive for not a lot of gain.

cshaw07

the issue there is in about 3 days my truck will be turbo as well.. my two batteries are currently in the rear of the blazer, but after having them there i think i'm going to move them back to under the hood and both in the front battery tray. I'll have more room above the engine but i havent measured it yet. *If* they will fit there, does anyone see an issue with them being right above the engine? Atleast if i have to change them with the engine hot diesel fuel wont get on the manifold like they are now.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I first got my CUCV my filter block was cracked so I replaced it with the Mueller one from walmart because I was cheap. DO NOT USE THIS FILTER/FILTERHEAD It worked OK... but it is for a boat so the only place you can get replacement filters from is a boat store, they are pricey, small, and no good..
Google , 10 Micron and is a replacement for: Mercury 35-60494-1, Aqua Power 6031, GLM 24940, Sierra 18-78250, SMI 15494, Valmar 52113, Marpac 7-0872

You can get them at Home Depot and many other places.

Skinny

I imagine you are going to a single exhaust, any room on the frame rail for the filter assembly? I know they are long and you use the truck offroad but mid chassis may work???

cshaw07

I'm going to mount just to the left of the stock location in the engine bay. With the turbo, (should be done in 2 days) i'll have room behind the aircleaner since there wont be an air cleaner there haha. I'll post up pics when i'm done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks