• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual Glasspacks

pc3nmcb

Some people are just upset they are past thier youth and don't remember the excitement of new things. I can't answer your questions but I don't mind reading your post. So ask away and if people get mad they don't have to read.

AJMBLAZER

Kept waiting for you to say "aboot".:razz:

Sounds about like mine. Interested to hear what it sounds like cruising. Do you have any of it sitting there but maintaining a higher rpm?

maritimer

i will get some with the higher rpms going to-morrow when i get the cruising shoot done, gotta retard the timing a hair thought its a touch to high

maritimer

you should here ti when i got the sled behind it lol or pulling a stump out, it aint quite geared for that yet but in 4 lo and wide open it defintly wakes the neighbors lol

CDN-CUCV

I installed glass-packs on mine as well. Love the sound, no droaning at highway speed and improved flow. I run them on everthing, My '54 Olds Super 88, my '65 Pontiac convertible.

Personally, cannot stand the hollow, gurgly sound of most after-market mufflers. Only my opinion btw:wink:

AJMBLAZER

I honestly can barely tell the difference in cab between when it was stock and the Cherry Bombs. Between the tires and the lack of sound deadener in the cab I can barely hear the exhaust. A few weeks ago I left my truck downstate with a friend and when he drove off with it I could barely hear the mufflers even, just 6.2L diesel rattle.

Now, my '89 K5 Blazer has some sort of aftermarket turbo mufflers on them (I didn't put them there and they have no obvious markings) and they sound good at a constant speed but they sure do have a funny sounding BRAT when you step on it. Definitely not a Flowmaster.

AllenEM

I have cherry bombs and opened the size up to 2 1/2" from 1 7/8" and I like it not much difference than stock as far as sound running down the highway just getting here is more fun.

i have flowmasters on mine...loud depends on speed for me.low speeds and high load will wake the neighbors...smooths out and calms down a-lot at higher speeds.altogether pretty good,but the m-1010 has a huge body to dampen the noise.
i was going to try out a cross-over pipe to see if that settled things out,but with a cummins on my garage floor,i'm not doing any exaust mods.probably a complete replacement to a single pipe.

86cucv

I had dual glasspacks on my 1985 chevy 3/4 6.2 diesel and it wasn't to loud, just has a different sound than a gas truck but it still sounds good and tough.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

If you want more sound, GREAT. Some form of glasspacks/flowmasters/cherry bombs will do the trick.

If you want to increase air flow without much increase in sound, consider the muffler that is used on the STS Cadillac. The STS is (was?) the performance version of the Caddy and the mufflers that were on that vehicle flowed really well and just had a low gurgle at idle and didn't increase in sound until you really got on it.

I've had two trucks with this set up. Quiet as a mouse all day long, until you put your right foot in it. Then you get a deep V8 roar out of the exhaust system.

So kind of the best of both worlds. You should be able to get then at any muffler/auto parts store. They aren't that expensive either.

Post some pix once you get your M1008. We LOVE pix.

notsosanestan

i have glasspacks on my m1009 now and its way too loud at low rpms and going up hills i am trying to find something better than stock but not this loud. anyone who wants some glasspacks ill sell them to u they are bascially brand new

scottodog

I have magnaflow diesel mufflers on my m1008 sounds like a 350 with cherry bombs. Its a little loud but I can live with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks