• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual M135 G-749 Recovery thread

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Several years ago I was looking for a bed for my M135 after about a year of no joy a buddy of mine said he had 2 trucks and the price was right. I bought them sight

unseen and with too many irons in the fire never even went to look at them. About 6 months ago he asked if I was ever going to get them as guys would drop by the

house (rural) during the day and ask his wife about them. KCCLAY got G749 envy after him and I did a 2 day recovery to bring mine home and I told him he could have

the left overs all I wanted was the bed. BTW they both ran when parked and super bonus both have winches!

We finally all had a day where all three could get together and move the trucks and that was yesterday. What we had planned a few hours for took 5 just to get one

on the trailer. So when it dries out a little will be going back for the second with the M35.

Both trucks had trees that had grown up around and the wheels had sunk in and became one with mother earth so it was chain saw, shovel and high lift time. Even

though the snow had melted an inch down it was frozen. We spent most of the time on the bed truck only to find out the right front wheel was locked and with a

Power Wagon and a Duramax could not get it to roll. With ground conditions like they were we finally went to the other truck and after a few tugs it popped out of the ground.gmc 001.jpggmc 009.jpggmc 004.jpggmc 006.jpggmc 003.jpggmc 015.jpggmc 016.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How did those trucks end up with red chassis and faded OD bodies? Usually it is the other way round. I'm looking for a M135 bed as well to convert into a M34 bed, also can't find one anymore. Used to be all over the place.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The one on we loaded was red but has been worn off over time, the one with the bed had it and the cab replaced from one that had a bent frame. Good thing is the previous owner switched the data plates so they match the frames. Super score was one of the ultra hard to find G749 shackles.tom135 016.jpgtom135 018.jpgtom135 001.jpgtom135 009.jpgtom135 013.jpgtom135 017.jpg

KCclay

The truck is home and unloaded, ready to move the other one. Not a bad couple of trucks. Hard to believe we could not move the one with the bed, the ground was just too greasy. Still looking for a M221 tractor.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The seller looks like he has all kinds of other goodies in the shed and some Connex boxes, did you sniff around?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep he has all kinds of Kool toys, KCclay and I have known him for years not only is he a "jack of all trades" he is a master of them. He has what looks like an old barn across the road but inside is a shop that will make your jaw drop, I'll try and get pic's next trip. He loaded the back of my van with extra parts and pieces out of one of the Connexs, besides the 2 spare gas tanks with pumps.
It will take awhile but between the 2 Kcclay should end up with a pretty nice truck.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good score, M135s are just cool looking trucks. Looked like a fun recovery, low threat but still required some ingenuity to get the job done.

Nice Power Wagon too.