• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual Winch & Winching

T815-8x8

I looking at dual Garwood winch assembly, seller lists it as Twin Tulsa winches with Garwood gearbox
My Question

On twin winch setups can both winches be operated at same time, my thoughts where that you could transfer drive from both to either side to square the load while loading is this correct

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are correct, tandem winches are used for loading disabled tracked vehicles. Just like the HET and right back to the M26 Pacific in WWII. They can be stacked or side by side.
Question is - how are the winches set up re drive/freewheel/brake etc., on the ones you are looking at. Probably you will be able to drive or not either/both winches, but will not be able to power out with one and not the other - unless they are hydraulic.

What cable size are they?

AMGeneral

It sounds like either a dual winch setup from a M26 Pacific or a M123 tractor.

I believe either one could be operated at the same time,the Pacific was mechanical with clutches and the M123 was air controlled with rotochambers.

country

Supporting Vendor
Not sure if they are the same as these 45,000 lb winches we have for sale. these have their own transmission mounted into the assembly along with air operated tensioner

Dave Newman
Eastern Surplus and Equipment Co.
Toll free- 855-332-0500

Email- dave@easternsurplus.net
www.easternsurplus.net

Winch Assembly with Garwood 2 Speed Transmission, PTO Driven, with Air Tensioner and Right Angle Drive for 10 Ton Tractor or other commercial application- oil field winch. Rated 45,000 Lbs at 15 Feet Per Minute on Bare Drum.

45winh3.jpg45winh4.jpg45winh2.jpg45winh1.jpg

T815-8x8

Dave I've seen this on eBay
1 I'm looking at is a dual version of this with air operated controls,
Question if it's almost seamless drive switching from both winches running to Left or Right to correct loading

country

Supporting Vendor
T815 the winch set up you need is the same as the one we have, but it is from the older version 10 ton trucks. 2 of the same winches in one mount

we have 5 or 6 of these in stock, if you wanted to try and mate 2 together I am sure you can make it work

email off list if you want to discuss

thanks
Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks