• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dually tire issues

hotroddiesel

hey guys ive got problems ive got an 1987 chevy dually m1028 i want to put the 37x12.50x16.5 on it but the only way i can find out around where i live is i got to buy them just to see if they fit , i know i can put the 36 military oz on the truck they rub the tie rod on the driver side alittle when you turn to the right . ive heard that you can with a 16.5x9 chevy dually rim with 1/4 spacers in the front and with a 2.5 spacer in the back . if anyone can help me out i would greatly appreciate it .

nhdiesel

The biggest problem you are going to have is between the dually tires in the rear. I don't know what the spec is, but I would keep at least 1" between the tires, probably should be more. When you put the tires on the truck and add weight, they will bulge. They also move a bit when cornering; tires flex some.

Jim

hotroddiesel

yeah i figure on a spacer but what size is the question ive heard its got to be atleast 2.5 inches to be perfect . dont plan on doing any hauling or road racing just a big ole truck for me and my wife to ride around in .

Phily

has anyone tried this before got any pros and cons about it , ill take any info anybodie has about it .
People on Pirate have used wheel spacers on duallys with success. I just talked to a guy that did it on a Dana 80 with awesome results.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks