• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dualmatic Hub Lubrication

Bravo2Uniform

Can anyone point me to a resource for determining how to lubricate Dualmatic hubs? The are not represented in any of my manuals. They came on my M38A1 (1953) but I have no clue if they are original. They don't have the red lead primer underneath the paint.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is from memory from a set of Dualmatics on my old M38. Have to remove the hub bolts. Unlock the hub with the toggle bars, pull the whole hub flange straight out. The bars that protrude through the outer housing pull out with the cover. Grease those bars and the 'star' flange they interface with. (The 'star flange' is the part on the splines of the axle end). Align and push back into place. Put in bolts. BTW, those hub bolts would never stay tight until I put the 'washers with ears", said ears to be bent up to secure the bolt heads after tight. These hubs are great! No little parts and a positive lock, if you can read the fine print on the edge of the toggle handles and get them both in the right position at the same time!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks